Sunday, March 24, 2013

14 Months Old

March 3rd: We have a Walker!!

After months of thinking "its happening," it HAS happened. This past Sunday Blakely just decided, I am going to start walking and she took off!! She has been practicing and working up her courage now for about a month. She would walk in between the couch, the coffee table and the swivel chair in the living room over ...and over... and over.. and over again! She didn't even want to play with her toys... just practice walking (and giggling). I am fairly certain the swivel chair got pushed in circles at least 1000 times!

She also became like Spiderman scaling our walls. She could walk anywhere in the house as long as her hand was on the wall. She stopped crawling, and would come up with creative ways to get places standing up. She would literally run down the hall hanging on to the wall. So precious. I just love this little spider monkey!!

She finally started walking on Sunday February 17th. First 3 steps... then 8 steps... then 20 steps... then we couldn't keep count!! We got so excited!! We took pictures, videos, e-mailed and texted everyone and even Facetimed Rich's parents so they could see our little walker! Everyone was so proud of our girl, including Blakely!! After she would take some steps and fall down, she would sit up, smile and clap for herself. HA! So adorable!! We are entering a new era...

Snotty nosed baby running down the hall hanging onto the wall.

Walker 1/3: Those first magical steps as she walked across the living room to Mommy!!

Walker 2/3: I would love to tell you I held out my arms, and I was enough incentive to walk... but I was not. We were holding out iPhones and remotes to entice her to walk. HA!

Walker 3/3: Going down! She was so funny.... she would take like 6 steps, then gently easy herself down to the floor. She rarely fell. It was almost as if she were saying to herself: "OOO... I don't know if I should be walking... so I'll just gently ease myself down right here. Whew! That was close." Love her!

This month also had some unseasonably warm days, and we got to adventure outside! We discovered this great park just 1 neighborhood over that has SHADE, swings, slides and play set!!! Best discovery ever... a shaded playground if the BEST if you have a VERY Caucasian baby! HA!


This girl absolutely LOVES her PopPop!! No matter what kind of mood she is in... if she sees PopPop she instantly happy and excited!! He is currently her favorite person!! I think it might be mutual!

Crawling around on the playground... not steady enough to walk on the swinging bridge.


Blakely is wearing PopPop's knees out in this picture!! I think both of them had a blast at the park! This will be a regular adventure!!
 
First art project with the kids. I found this adorable Valentine's art Project on Pintrest, and Gigi came over to help me execute it.

Banks' feet covered in RED PAINT!! I don't know why, but I thought this would be quick, easy and a one-man operation... HA! I am so, so, so glad Gigi came over to help me... this got messy SUPER, SUPER fast. But definitely worth it!!

This is not finished, but we made Valentines for everyone using Banks and Blakely's feet and hands!! So cute and a definite keepsake!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Gigi for helping!!! Babies and red paint DO NOT MIX!! ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment