Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tober Family Chirstmas

December 24th: Christmas Eve

Merry, Merry Christmas Y'all!! I love Christmas. I have always loved Christmas. It is just such a special time with family full of special memories and traditions. Christmas was so easy when I was little, and I assumed (wrongly) that it would continue to be effortless when I grew up. I had no idea how much went into "behind the scenes!!" Now that I am an adult and have a family of my own, I am beginning to REALLY appreciate how hard my mom worked to make everything special/delicious/magical/effortless (pick an adjective!). In creating Christmas for my family this year, I tried to keep some of my favorite traditions from growing up and incorporate some new ones of our own. This was way harder than I expected, and I hope that Blakely had a special Christmas.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank my mom for all the magical/special Christmas memories I have today. I can't remember a Christmas that wasn't amazing (minus the "slim fit" and "butt ugly" comments... Heehee)!! I never remember Christmas feeling crazy or rushed; it was always just a wonderful time together with my family!! Thank you, thank you Mama for all you have done and continue to do to make our Christmas' memories magical!!! Love you so much. Hope I do half as good a job as you have done!!

Welcome to Christmas 2013!

The Spread: When we arrived, Gigi and PopPop had set up "Santa" for the kids to run into!!

Running into find their new toys!!

New Dollhouse!! Love, love, love Plan Toys!! So simple and so much fun!!

Two little cowpokes riding their new "neigh-neighs!!" These Rody's are so much fun. For all the children of the 80s, these are basically fancy "Hippity-Hops!"

Blakely got a new doll, and it's name was GiGi!!!

Blakely loves the "princess" skirt and loves to dance with her Gigi doll. She will hold her by the hands and twirl!

Ironically, this was a favorite with both Blakely and Banks. The iron makes a little steaming noise when you push it! I love that it is actually a Kenmore product!

Blakely loved this little piano. She sat down at it, gently placed her fingers on the keys and began to play. No banging, no jarring noise.... she REALLY tried to play. Our little music prodigy!!

This was definitely Rich's FAVORITE present. An indestructible toy helicopter!! All the boys got one, and they had SO MUCH FUN flying them in the yard. Blakely and Banks loved chasing them, too. Rich's helicopter now sits on his blotter on his desk (ie the Landing Pad).  

Mom and Dad setting up "the game."

Ryan and Olivia. All the girls wore matching PJ shirts that monogrammed with our initials... so adorable.

This was a wonderful Christmas eve celebration!! We ate delicious lasagna and appetizers all day (Blakely was in carbohydrate heaven!), played with the kids new toys and enjoyed being a family!! I love you guys, and look forward to all the Christmas traditions yet to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment