Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It Begins...

December 5th: The Beginning of the End

Blakely is on her way!! It could be days or weeks, but the end is in sight!!! Today at my OB visit, she informed me that I am one centimeter dilated. Not a lot, but it is definitely a start. Also, I have started having Braxton Hicks Contractions. Not painful per se, but definitely not comfortable either.

But ALL of this is welcome news, because it means that our little girl is preparing for her debut. We can hardly wait to meet her!!! I am oscillating between feelings of elation and feelings of fear. I don't know what to think or what to feel. A million questions keep floating around in my head...

Will I be a good mother? Can I handle the pain of labor? How will our lives change? What will she look like? Who will she look like? How will I ever go back to work and leave my sweet baby at home? How will I know I am REALLY in labor? What if I miss the SIGNS, and deliver at home or a car? Will Blakely come through this healthy? Will I make it through the delivery?

And finally, in the words of "David after Dentist".... IS THIS REAL LIFE???

I know all of these questions will be answered in time, and for now I know I just need to trust that the Lord has good things in store for us. He is the giver of "good gifts".... he does not give his children a stone, when they ask for a fish. He is a good God. Father God, please protect me and Blakely during this time period. Help prepare me to be the kind of mother you need me to be. Help me to trust you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this blessing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie, that made me tear up a little bit. Love you both so much, can't wait for all the fun to begin.

    ReplyDelete