Sunday, June 9, 2013

17 Months Old

June 3rd: 17 Months Old

Crazy month!! No idea what happened to May.... it was a total whirlwind!!

Week 1- no idea what was going on...
Week 2- Grand Annie came to visit
Week 3- Mommy and Daddy's first away trip: Philly, PA
Week 4- Daddy goes to Morocco, Africa

Waiting for Daddy to come home...
Highlights from the Month:
- Loves to play in her "kitchen"... always stirring something up!
- Loves to play outside... if fussy, I open the front door and out we go! Instant attitude adjustment!
- Banks and Blakely saying "uh-oh" over and over and over again to each other.
- Loves to "hug the fire" out of Banks.
- Starting to "fold her hands" during our bedtime prayers... totally melts my heart!
- Running everywhere!!
- Grand Annie came to visit!! Miss you already!!

Picture Highlights from the Month:


Banks LOVES to stand up! He spends 90% of his waking hours standing up, and if he's not standing up, he is trying to stand up. This kiddo is about to be on the move! Watch out! 

Grand Annie at the park with the kiddos


Blakely in her kitchen.... cooking up something "yummy" for Daddy!!

Usually imaginative play doesn't really start until 3-4 years of age.... so I was super impressed to see Blakely playing appropriately with her kitchen. She stirs pots on stove, drinks from the coffee cups, pours ingredients into the bowls!! I know every mother is impressed by their child, but WOW!! Go Blakely, such a smartie!!

Stirring "pudding" she is making for Daddy.

She will literally play with her kitchen for hours!! As part of her gentle nature, she never pulls everything out of the cabinet or even makes a mess. She gently lifts one thing at a time out of the cabinets. If it isn't what she wants, she will pick it up, consider it and then gently put it back where she got it. This is beyond the cutest thing ever!

First outdoor picnic at the table PopPop made her. I have a feeling there will be MANY, MANY more picnics at this table in the future.

This picture cracks me up for 2 reasons. Number 1: She thought this wet rug and chairs was the best fort ever! Number 2: She is retrieving my phone for me. I left it on the table on the other side. She crawled under, found my phone and then brought it back to me. She is funniest little monkey. She is constantly bringing me things she has "found." Like the shoes sitting next to my feet, the phone sitting on the armrest of my chair, etc.


First time with pigtails!! She looked so, so grown up. Her hair is now finally long enough to pull it up, just in time for the warm summer days!!

Playing in the fort

This month we also let Blakely try Corn on the cob for the first time.


She absolutely loved it!!

...and through some trial and error...

....finally, mastered the corn on the cob! In 1/2 hour, she can get every last kernel off 1/2 an ear of corn! Pretty impressive for 17 months old!

These last couple of shots are just of her playing. She is a playing machine these days!! All she does from the moment she gets up until she goes to sleep at night is play, play, play!!!

To Blakely EVERYTHING is a toy, you just have to figure out how to play with it. I love that she is such a fun loving girl!! I love playing kitchen and babies with this girl! We are making memories I will cherish for the rest of my life!! I love you, Blakely-bear!! You are my bestest little girlfriend!! 

1 comment: