Tuesday, September 10, 2013

18 Months Old

July 3rd: BIG (little bitty) NEWS

So........Blakely is going to be a BIG SISTER!! We are happy to announce that we are pregnant with our second child!! We are due February 7th, 2014. We don't know if we are having a girl or boy yet, but so far me and baby are both very healthy. This has been a totally different pregnancy from Blakely. With Blakely I was never morning sick, but this baby laid me out for the first 14 weeks!! Ugh!

I found out that I was pregnant the day before Rich got back from Africa, so I had a long 24 hours to think about this information. To put it mildly, I was in shock! I decided I would put this (seen below) sign on Rich's Keg-orator, thinking that after 1 week in Africa a beer would be in order. To my dismay when we got home, Rich told me he wasn't going to have a beer until the NEXT DAY! Not good.... I still NEEDED Rich to go to the garage. I tried several other subtle ploys, but nothing worked. Finally, out of desperation I told a "small fib." I told Rich that a loud hissing noise was coming from his Keg-orator...that got him! He immediately jumped up, ran to the garage and.... got a HUGE SHOCK!!


Highlights from the Month:

-18 Month well visit- Growing and developing perfectly!!
- Found out Blakely is going to be a BIG SISTER!!
- First trip to the Aquarium- LOVES FISH!
- Learning how to color
- Not a ton of words- still only saying mama, dada and hi.... occasional echolalia.

Picture Highlights from the Month:

Surprise Daddy!! Blakely is going to be a big sister!!

I hope Blakely is this excited about her new sibling when he/she gets here!!

We had A LOT of fun telling family the good news!!! Auntie was SHOCKED!!
 
Learning how to color with her first set of Crayons.


"Mommy, I'm as big as a fish!!"

No adventure would be complete without Blakely's partner in crime, BANKSTER THE GANGSTER!!

The aquarium has some great indoor (ie air conditioned) play areas for kids.

We also made a trip to the aquarium with Daddy!!

Daddy and Blakely's favorite part of the aquarium is the Madagascar section- especially the Lemurs!

Banks taking an inside look at the Lemurs.

Sorry about the glare, but I love this picture. Gigi has got her hands full!!

Spent $2 on this pool... and it has led to many hours of outdoor fun this summer!!

She LOVES the water.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment