Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to School

September 3rd: First Day of Mother's Morning Out

Today was Blakely's first day of Lexington Baptist Mother's Morning Out. We did Mo.M.O. last year with Blakely in Charleston, so this was not extremely traumatizing. Next year, when we call it Preschool it will definitely be a little bit more painful to let her go. I expected Blakely to be a little tearful, but she was so brave and ready to have a great day! So proud of my little monkey!!

September 2nd: Meet the Teacher. Oddly enough, Blakely cried at Meet the Teacher, but kissed me and waved goodbye without tears at the real deal first day. Funny girl! (P.S. GG made that adorable bag for Blakely for her first ballet class!! Super, super cute!!)

Blakely and Banks are going to Mother's Morning Out at Lexington Baptist Preschool.
Thankfully, they are going to be in the same 2 year old class together!!
Their teachers are named Ms. Robin and Ms. Stephanie, and they seem really great!!
I know that these kiddos are going to have a great school year!!

Notice Gray has snuck into these pictures. This was one of my biggest concerns with starting Mo.M.O. again... Gray. At orientation they asked for us to leave their "lovies" at home. Last year, Blakely took Gray to Mo.M.O. with her, so this was going to be a big change. We had been talking about how Blakely was going to school all week, and how Gray was going to have to stay with Mommy and Katy Ellis during that time....but you NEVER know how these things are gonna go. When we pulled up to school this morning, Blakely gave Gray a kiss and put her in her car seat. This BIG GIRL was ready for school!! Crisis averted!

We still haven't mastered smiling... I feel like she always looks like she is in pain. However, I am just thankful she is looking at the camera!!! Baby steps!

Blakely yelled "oh no!" during the photo shoot, jumped up and ran and got her backpack. Apparently, your backpack NEEDS to be in your picture. Ha!

Blakely and Banks are only going to school 2 days a week from 8:30-11:45am.

Blakely and Banks were so excited when we got up to the church!! GG made them these adorable matching shirts for their first day of school. Don't they look school ready?




Stop time!! Don't let this little keep growing up. Being a mom makes you have such a strange relationship with time. Sometimes I find myself looking forward to when she is older, and I am always so proud of her development and achievements. Yet, I already miss my little baby, and I find myself begging time to stand still. I know this time where my girls are little and home with me is just a "flash in the pan," so I KNOW that I have to savor EVERY SINGLE MOMENT!!


Banks giving his Mommy a hug goodbye on his first day of school!

Me giving my girl one last hug before she is off on her big girl adventures!

I am so, so thankful that these two are in the same class and that they have each other!! Have fun Banks and Blakely!! I know that y'all are going to LOVE school as much as your Mommy's did!



No comments:

Post a Comment