Tuesday, August 5, 2014

5 Months Update

July 3rd: K.E. is 5 Months Old

While we were in Edisto, Katy Ellis turned 5 months old. This baby reminds me so much of her GrandAnnie. She is super sweet, go-with-the-flow, happy girl!! She is the most chill, relaxed baby. She makes me look like mother of the year (but really I have no idea what I am doing).

Milestones:
-Rolls over back to front, occasionally rolls front to back.
-Laughing like crazy
-Always smiling, this baby NEVER cries.

Big Changes: Started on Solids. Loves veggies, okay with fruits, HATES rice cereal.
Banks LOVED rice cereal, but so far I am 2/2 of girls who do not like rice cereal. What are you going to do?

Nicknames: KK, KE, Pudge Pig

Favorite things: her PACI, swimming, talking, "the rocket," Eskimo kisses, and neck/cheek kisses.

Dislikes: Sleeping in her carrier, napping in the car, her paci falling out. Seriously y'all, this baby is ALWAYS happy.

No 5 month old well check, so no idea what she weighs... BUT, I am telling you this girl has gained several pounds! Had to start supplementing her, and it is showing up in her little pork chops!

Teething must be going on somewhere, because this girl is drooling on everything and always has her hands in her mouth. Don't feel any teeth yet, but that does not mean they aren't on their way.

Big events for the month: first family vacation (Edisto), Daddy finished fellowship in Charleston, Daddy is completely done in Charleston and now lives FULL TIME in Lexington!!

Her hands are ALWAYS in her mouth, trying to take a picture of her without them in there is almost impossible!

Blakely loves to put herself nose-to-nose and forehead-to-forehead with Katy Ellis...then the two of them giggle like crazy! I love these girls so much, and I pray that they continue to love each other this much as they grow.

Blakely has become such the little helper this month!! She always wants to help me with Katy Ellis.... getting diapers, burp clothes, making KE smile or laugh, picking up toy, sorting laundry and holding the dust pan. She is our "little mama."


New Monkey Trick: Putting her feet in her mouth

This girl is so happy that her WHOLE family finally lives in one house!!

One thing I really love about Katy Ellis is how cuddly she is! She will just snuggle right into you. I love hugging and loving this baby girl.

Katy Ellis I cannot believe how time is flying!! Slow down time, I want more time with this little nugget before she grows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment