Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Kiawah Island Half Marathon

December 2018: Half Marathon Weekend!!

When I ran my first Half Marathon in February 2018, I said "One and Done!" But then Alyssa started running, and I knew she was going to want to run one too... and if you know anything about Alyssa, it is that she does NOTHING by herself. HA! So when sign ups for the Kiawah Half popped into my email, I went ahead and signed up and asked her "you in?" She and my dad both signed up, and we started training for the race!!

Race Ready!!! Yall- the traffic coming into Kiawah on race morning was intense! Took us over 2 hours to make a 30 minute drive. Got there JUST in time to park, RUN to the check in, pin our bibs on while jogging to the start line.... and then take off! It was a close call!

This is my HERO!!! Weather predicted for race day looked BAD!! Im talking freezing temps, pouring rain and 20-30mph winds! YIKES! Needless to say I was terrified, so my dad agreed to run it with me! BEST DECISION EVER!! Luckily the rain pushed off until 11am, and we had PERFECT CONDITIONS!! 50's, light breeze and over cast! IDEAL! Daddy and I decided we would still run it together, and I got to make one of the BEST memories with my dad ever!! He has been a life long runner, and this was not his first half marathon.... he has been my inspiration!!!

Half MARATHONERS!!!

Starting Line!!!

Mile 9!! We made it to the ocean!!!

That sweet feeling of crossing the finish line!!!!


HERO!!!!!!





SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU ALYSSA!!!! HALF MARATHONER!!!!!



The post race spread at this race is LEGIT!!! So much food, beer, drinks, soup and swag!!! We are LEGIT frozen in this picutre- right after the race the temp dropped into the 40's and started raining. Finished JUST in time!!!


Our first spectators!!  Alyssa and I have ran many races, but we have never had fans cheering us on! Thank you Ryan and Olivia for coming out to support us!! So fun!!


Dad enjoying the post race spread and trying to stay warm!! Thank you Daddy for running this race with me to the end.... I will treasure the memories we made on the course for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment