Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Babymoon!!

June 13-14th:
First off, a disclaimer: This is totally a stolen idea; I am not the originator of the brilliant term "babymoon."

When we were trying to get pregnant, one of the baby books I was reading talked about going on a "Babymoon!" What is a "babymoon" you might ask? The concept of a "babymoon" is that you take one last romantic trip together as a couple, either as you are trying to get pregnant or shortly there after. I thought this was a brilliant idea (mainly because I love vacations and fancy hotels)!!

So, about 2 months ago Richard surprised me by buying a Living Social Getaway to Jekyll Island, GA!! After some plotting and planning, we were both able to get some time off this past week! The hotel was beautiful and very historic. It was built on this private, natural island in the 1800's. It has been the vacation spot for such famous people, such as: J. P. Morgan, The Rockefeller's, etc.

Jekyll Island Club Hotel
Part of our package included bike rental for 2!!


Rich and I took a 10 mile bike ride to Driftwood Beach! Very Beautiful!! After 5 miles in the sweltering heat on a bike, I though I was going to die! Luckily there was a little hut selling water and slushies on the pier...life saver. If you look closely in this picture, you can see 3 people riding horses on the beach. This sounds like a good idea, but then imagine 100 degree weather, at noon, on a horse! Totally gross! I felt so bad for those people!! Even worse, they probably paid A LOT of money to do something that disgusting. Wow... I had no idea I felt so strongly about horses on the beach! My apologies to all you equestrians out there.

That evening after refreshing afternoon at the pool in the shade, we got dressed up and headed to a fancy dinner at the Crane House. This was considered their "casual dinning" option, but it was definitely not casual. But definitely delicious!
  These are a few more pictures of the Jekyll Island club hotel. Top Left: Crane House, where we had dinner. Top Middle: The Front lawn, including the croquet court. Top Right: The Hotel on the Marsh at sunset, GORGEOUS!! Bottom Right: Crane House courtyard, where we had dinner.

This was a perfect, little get away!! Much needed and much enjoyed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment