Saturday, August 20, 2011

Decorating Ideas and Baby Names

July 20: Now that we are getting REALLY, REALLY close to finding out the sex of the baby, I wanted to share our baby names and my decorating ideas.

WARNING: All of my decorating ideas are BOLD colors. I know that traditionally baby rooms are usually done in pastels, but I am not a pastel girl. Also, bold colors are good for the baby's brain development and stimulation.

If it is a boy, we are planning on naming him Hudson Jeffery Monk. Hudson is a family name from Richard's side of the family, and Jeffery is my Dad's name.


I loved this Eric Carle Themed baby bedding!! My mom was a Kindergarden teacher, so I am very well versed in "The Hungry, Hungry Catapillar."

If it is a girl, we are planning on naming her Blakely Haynes Monk. Blake is Richard's grandmother's maiden name, and Haynes was my Mimi's maiden name. I knew I wanted to honor my grandmother in someway in naming the baby. I love you Mimi!! :)


For anyone who has ever been to my home, you will KNOW that I love the color red!! I love this red, pink and teal bedding!! I think it is bold, fun and sophisticated. It also will look really good in my house!!

We are on countdown now to Anatomy Scan, scheduled for August 11th!! We will know shortly.... is it a Blakely or is it a Hudson!!!! Can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment