Saturday, August 20, 2011

WHOMP....There it is!!!

August 20th: All the baby books say "the quickening" (as in, the first time you feel the baby move) should occur between 16-20 weeks. I was getting a little worried, when we had gotten to the 19 week anatomy scan, and I still hadn't felt her move! At that visit, I discovered I had an anterior implanted placenta, which means I might not feel the baby move until 22-26 weeks!! That is a long time!!! I was really disappointed.

I had assumed that the first time I felt her move would be subtle. Others had told me it felt like a flutter or like gas. Things had been CRAZY busy on Night Float this past week, so maybe I had just missed the little flutters. However, last night was no flutter.

I was sitting in bed reading after Richard had gone to sleep, when she kicked me. She kicked me really hard. Multiple times. If there was a sound effect associated with this kick, it would definitely be a "WHOMP!" I was so excited, I cried. Then she kicked me again, and I laughed. Which only made her kick me more.

I had no idea how this would make me feel. I thought I knew we were having a baby, but last night it became infinitely more real. It is a real baby in there. Our baby. I didn't know I could love someone I had never met... this much! I can only imagine what seeing her and holding her will make me feel.

Thank you Father God for the gift of this little girl! Please make us into the parents you want us to be, and teach us how to love her the way you love us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment