Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tober Baby

January 27th: Who's baby is this?

Several people have noted that Blakely looks a lot like my brother Ryan when he was a baby. When I was born and when Ryan was born my Grandmother Mimi (my dad's mom) thought that we looked just like my dad when he was a baby. The truth is that the Tober genes are pretty strong. Almost ALL Tober babies look the same. If you line up my dad's baby picture along side mine and my brothers, they are pretty much identical. And now... there is Blakely!!

The likeness is kind of crazy. My mom even had a deja vu moment when she saw Ryan holding Blakely, because it looked just like my dad holding me 29 years ago! Just for fun my mom had my dad bring my baby book down.... and it is kind of crazy. I opened to the first page, and I was like "That is my baby!" I scanned some of the pictures, and I will let y'all decide for yourselves.

Blakely's birth announcement photos are taken with this same crocheted blanket. My Aunt Shirley made this blanket for me 29 years ago!! Crazy how good it still looks.

 Is this me and my dad??? Or is it Ryan and Blakely?

This one looks just like Blakely in the hospital. So crazy!!

Not only does this look just like Blakely, but I have seen Blakely make this exact same facial expression!

I have never seen baby pictures of Richard, so I can't say that she doesn't look like Richard. My mom thinks her jawline looks like Richard's, which is CRAZY because she has never seen Rich without a beard! Ha! Maybe I'll get some baby pictures of Richard from my mother-in-law so we can truly compare.... but for right now Blakely is definitely a Tober Baby!! Without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment