Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Back to Work...

February 9th: Blakely's First Day Away

The day has arrived. The day I have dreaded since before Blakely was even born. The day I return back to work and leave her for the first time! I cannot believe that my maternity leave is over. I started crying 2 or 3 days in advance, and I hoped that maybe it was out of my system. But it is not.

I love this little girl so much! I know she is going to do great, because she gets to hang out with her GiGi everyday. I am the one who is going to be sad and miss her. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a season. Starting in July, I will only work 3 days per week, and I'll be home with her 4 days per week!! I just have to get through the next 4-5 months of residency. I can do this!

 Brave face as I get ready to go. Blakely has no idea what is going on.

 Blakely ready for a fun filled day at Camp GiGi!! She has the cutest little face!

Ok... So I started off brave, but it didn't last. Even Blakely looks sad in this picture.

I kissed my sweet girl good-bye for like the thousandth time, cried again, and felt my heart break!! I cried all the way to downtown.... managed to pull it together in the parking garage... cried when I got in the hospital.... but pulled it together in the elevator..... then broke down again when I ran into friends who asked how I was doing outside the chief's office. ***Sigh*** I am not very good at putting on brave face.

I was only gone for like 2 hours, but it was agonizing. After I was done, I quickly ran home and hugged and loved that little girl up!! I don't even think she knew I had been gone. I survived the first day.... and everyone swears it gets easier. I certainly hope so. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment