Saturday, March 15, 2014

First Week Home


February 5th-10th: One Week Old
 
I had a lot of fears and trepidation during my pregnancy regarding having a newborn at home again. I remembered with Blakely feeling exhausted and super busy every day when she first came home, and life with a toddler was already pretty full and pretty exhausting. How could I possibly care for both and maintain my sanity? Thankfully all of these fears were unfounded, mainly due to the fact that Katy Ellis is a very sleepy, chill baby. This week anyways, I have found that having 2 is better than 1! I feel that Katy Ellis has richly enhanced Blakely's life. Let's just hope that I am saying this in a couple of months!!
 
Sleepiest baby in America! I have put ice on her neck and feet just to get her awake enough to eat sometimes! So different from Blakely! Blakely was born wide awake and wanting to see the world... whereas this little snuggler was born wanting to sleep and cuddle! So fun getting to snuggle and love on this little one!

Our first night home, CeeCee and Uncle Time brought us an amazing dinner of fillet Mignon! They also got to meet this little cutie. Needless to say, they were immediately taken with her.

Thank you guys for an amazing dinner! They pulled out all the stops!!! There were pink candles, pink flowers and pink balloons. It was such a wonderful surprise to come home to!!


Gigi getting her snuggles in with Katy Ellis.
 
 
Katy Ellis hanging out with her PopPop.
Our second night home, Uncle Matt finally got to meet Katy Ellis. He had planned to come to Charleston to meet her, but Banks got sick that week and so super Daddy volunteered to stay home with the boy.
Katy Ellis if you are anything like your sister than Uncle Matt will be one of your absolute favorite people!!


I absolutely love newborn baby yawns!! They are so adorable. Must be rough doing nothing but sleeping and eating.
Our newest little hanging out with her Dada.
This is what Daddy comes up with when hanging out with the girls. Very Ann Geddes, Rich!
Daddy multitasking and taking care of 2 girls at once!!

 
This picture was a complete surprise. While Auntie and Banks were over playing, we attempted to take a picture of the girls together. Up to this point in time, Blakely had never held Katy Ellis and even seemed kind of fearful of her. Auntie was brave and said lets just see what happens.... the pictures are priceless.

Yes, there is a wooden carrot in Blakely's hand. I did not expect this to go well, so it all happened really quickly.

Major, major shout out to Gigi for this precious BIG sister/ LITTLE sister sleeper and tunic. The girls look absolutely adorable. I love your new hobby!!

I am so excited to be these sweet girls Mommy!! I pray that these sisters are as close as Alyssa and I are. Don't be confused... we fought growing up over barbies, clothes and our joint cell phone (ha!), but she is my absolute best friend and I could not do this whole mommy thing without her. I feel so blessed that we get to raise our kids together!!


No comments:

Post a Comment