Saturday, March 15, 2014

Welcome Home Katy Ellis!!

February 5th: Back to Lexington with Our New Girl!!

Rich and I figured out that between the two of us, we have spent over 700+ nights in the hospital over the last decade. That is 2 years!! So after 48 hours of being admitted at East Cooper, we were ready to grab our girl and hit the road. I got up, got moving and with our doctors blessing we were off on our next adventure!!

Katy Ellis all dressed up in smocked Kissy Kissy sleeper for the ride home.

Wearing an adorable little hat that Gigi made and monogrammed, this girl is ready to go home to Lexington to her new home!

Aunt Olivia came to meet Katy Ellis and see us off!!

As they rolled me down the hallway past the nurses station, I felt like the proudest mama in the world! She was perfect and beautiful, and she was coming home with her Mommy and Daddy!


I was a little anxious about the 2 hour car ride immediately after surgery with a newborn.

Loading our girl in the car.

Daddy had run to Publix that morning for my prescriptions, and he had brought his girls (ie me, Blakely and Katy Ellis) this beautiful, colorful bouquet!

This was Katy Ellis' initial response to her car seat..... this made me more than a little concerned about the 2 hour car ride home! Thankfully I had nothing to worry about and KE slept the whole way home!
It had been almost 2 years since we had used this carrier with a 6 month old Blakely. I could not believe how small Katy Ellis looked in the carrier. I was worried that she was just too tiny for that harness. Even though I work with newborns everyday as a pediatrician, you forget just how little and fragile they are.

After 2 peaceful hours in the car, we arrived at Katy Ellis' new home!! We were immediately greeted by the cutest BIG SISTER on the block!! We missed this girl!!

Toby the Stork makes his 3rd appearance and his first appearance in Lexington!! I have a feeling he might be making his way over to Foxglenn next!! *wink *wink ;-)

 Blakely was very excited to see the new baby again, and greeted her with a "Hi Katy!"

So, so glad to be home in Lexington with our 2 beautiful girls!! Really looking forward to 2 whole weeks with Daddy at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment