Thursday, June 12, 2014

FOR SALE!!

May 28-30th:
Wednesday, I finished my first job out of residency at Sweetgrass Pediatrics. It was definitely bittersweet. While I am very excited to spend more time at home with my girls, I am going to miss my patients and these sweet women (and Dino!!) that I have had the pleasure to work with for the last two years. Y'all have been my teachers, colleagues, and friends. I feel so blessed to have had the perfect job right out of residency. This is so long, but not good bye!

Thursday, the moving company came to pack up the townhouse. So surreal to see it completely empty! This has been a great home for my family for the last 6 years. We bought this house 1 month before we married, and I lived here for a month by myself. Then we married, honeymooned, and came back to this little house to start our married life together!! After 3 years of just us, we found out we were expecting Blakely. Two years later, we welcomed our sweet Katy Ellis. This little house has brought me so much joy and has seen our family DOUBLE in size. I will always love our little house, but now it is DEFINITELY time to move on to a bigger house. We NEED more space! By the end, we had my mother-in-law sleeping in the hallway behind a shower curtain, Katy Ellis sleeping in a closet, guests sleeping on the floor and my nephew (Banks) in the guest bathroom. We DESPERATELY NEED more space! Onward and upward!!

Friday, we finally, completely moved to Lexington (SC that is. Why does everyone think I am commuting from Kentucky?). This eliminates three obnoxious problems I have had for the last 6 months. Number one- I no longer have to ask myself the question "Is that (insert whatever lost item I am searching for) at the other house?" Number two- the washer and dryer is FINALLY at the same house as the messy kids, the iron/ironing board and their closets. And number three- I don't have to explain WHY we are living in two cities. I've explained it a THOUSAND times, and if you don't value the same things that I do (God as number one, Family as number two, all else a distant third) then you won't understand. Suffice it to say, this is and was the best decision for our family.

Farewell Little house!! Many, many, many wonderful memories!!

I pray that the next family who enjoys your safe harbor will find as much joy within your walls!!
(Obviously, Blakely is devastated to be leaving! Ha!)

It is official!! We are FOR SALE!!! If you know of anyone looking for a spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse in the West Ashley area give me a call!!

Dear Charleston,
Thank you for 9 amazing years, 2 medical degrees, 2 residencies, 1 fellowship, 1 husband and 2 babies!!!
You were an amazing place to spend my 20's!
Now it is time to take my minivan and move to the burbs!
Lexington here we come!!


1 comment: