Monday, June 9, 2014

From Canada, with Love

May: GrandAnnie is here!!

May seemed like it was going to be rough. I finished my maternity leave, had to leave my two little monkeys at home, returned to work and we had to spend WAY less time at the new house and more time in the townhouse (ie the abandoned warehouse). Instead, thanks to GrandAnnie, May was amazing!! GrandPop, are you sure we can't keep her?

Thanks to Richard, GrandAnnie and I got two Mother's days! On Saturday, he watched the girls while we went to lunch and shopping with Gigi, Pam and Alyssa. Then on Sunday, AnnMarie and I went downtown Charleston for a traditional low country meal at Virginia's on King and Pedicures at East Bay Spa.

As a thank you, we stopped in to Cupcake and brought Rich (and Blakely) some surprises!

GrandAnnie and Blakely trying the Pink sprinkle cupcake. CHEERS!!

Needless to say Blakely LOVED the cupcake. Duh! It's a carbohydrate.

For Mother's day, Richard had beautiful flowers delivered to the house for me and his mama. The doorbell just kept ringing that day! I just love a special delivery.

Gorgeous! Thank you Ricky!!

One day, while GrandAnnie was watching the girls while I was at work, this girl unleashed a new skill. GrandAnnie left the room and when she came back this girl had rolled over from back to front!!

"I was just showing off for GrandAnnie, Mama!"
(If you look closely in the back ground, you can appreciate some of the décor at the abandoned warehouse. Literally, our best chairs in the house are camping chairs! HA! GrandAnnie sleeping in the hall with a shower curtain for privacy. Katy Ellis in a pack 'n play in our closet. Really fancy here, ya'll!)

We had a surprise guest!! GrandAnnie ran down to Florida and brought back Grandma Pinkie to meet Katy Ellis. Pinkie had met Blakely at Brian's wedding 2 years ago, but we did not know how they would get along. Two years is a long time, and we did not expect Blakely to remember her.

At first Blakely was a little hesitant and shy, but Grandma Pinkie gave Blakely lots of personal time and even got down on the floor and played with her. Within an hour she was giving Grandma Pinkie hugs and kisses.

Katy Ellis was a little quicker to give her affections. This little cuddle bug just loves to be held.

My favorite moment of the weekend was definitely when Grandma Pinkie taught Blakely to say, "Oh my stars and garters!" Blakely kept saying "Oh stars! Oh stars!" HA!

We had such a great visit with Grandma Pinkie. I was so happy with how well these two became fast friends. I think Blakely even looks a little bit like Grandma Pinkie.

Three generations of Lapinsky women.

I love this picture! Such a beautiful picture of these three.
Such a wonderful visit, come back and visit soon Grandma Pinkie.

This baby girl just loves her Granny!! The two of them will just spend hours staring at each other, smiling, singing and talking. Katy Ellis has definitely inherited her "gift for gab" from her GrandAnnie. Maybe her singing ability as well?? (fingers crossed!!)
(Notice Blakely saying "cheese" for the camera in the background. HA!)

GrandAnnie was such a trooper during her visit. We had her sleeping in the hallway in Charleston, driving up and down 26 twice a week to go back and forth between Lexington and Charleston and watching babies while I worked. She never complained about our less than stellar accommodations. Don't worry GrandAnnie the new house has a guest room with a door!

These sweet girls love, love, love their GrandAnnie to the moon and back!!

Thank you GrandAnnie for turning what should have been a terrible transition into something amazing!!
Thank you for loving my babies as much as I do.
You are our hero, and we are counting down the minutes until you are with us again!!
We would not have survived moving out our first home, finishing my job and leaving Charleston without you!!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
 

As I look at this picture, I get choked up again. These three are best buddies and a great team. I am so glad they got this special time together. My only regret is that it had to end. We REALLY, REALLY miss you GrandAnnie!! Hurry back to us GrandAnnie!!!! And bring that Gran-ha fellow with you next time!! (Thank you GrandPop for sparing GrandAnnie. We appreciate your sacrifice. If she were ours, we wouldn't let her go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment