Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mountain Trip Part III

June 28th- July 5th: Country Cooking

This was one delicious week!! I had never heard of Dillard, GA, but when I mentioned it to several people we were told over and over again that we HAD to go to The Dillard House. With all the hype we had to try it... and it did NOT disappoint!!


The food is served family style, and it is truly delicious! Blakely loved the peach cobbler!


On July 3rd, we celebrated Blakely's 1/2 birthday and America's birthday with some "Pom-Pom Cake" at the Valley Café. Blakely had seen it in the display when we had eaten there earlier that week, and talked about the "Pom-Pom's" on it (ie Frosting) everyday.




Who needs forks?

On Thursday, we went back to The Dillard House for breakfast... even BETTER than dinner! Yum!
 
On Thursday afternoon, we headed into the Highlands for some lunch and exploration.

Singing in the rain.

We ate at the most delicious pizza place called The Pizza Place.

Rich sampling some local brew.


 
After lunch we went to Kilwin's Ice Cream.


I consider myself some what of an ice cream connoisseur, and I must let it be known that this is BY FAR the best ice cream I have ever had!! Salted caramel fudge ice cream will be my last meal before I die! Yum!!


 

It may have been raining, but that didn't slow us down!! We love the Highlands.


No comments:

Post a Comment