Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Splash!!

June 22nd-26th: Swim Lessons for the Bigs

I have a love/hate relationship with swim lessons. I am so, so, so proud of Blakely and all that she accomplished, but I sooooo dreaded having to go to them each day. Alyssa and I had asked around a lot, and finally decided on Swim Like a Fish: Swim School. We had heard lots of great things and every parent told us that it would be "worth it" after it was over. This made me nervous... why would it only be "worth it" afterwards? One of our friends who had done it the previous year with her daughter, told us that the first 3 days her daughter cried the WHOLE time... she even got so worked up that she got sick. Needless to say, Alyssa and I were a little nervous the first day.

On the first day, I was nervous and Blakely was blissfully ignorant of what lay ahead. Thankfully, the lesson went way better than anticipated. Blakely cried for the first 10 minutes, but by the end she was giggling and having fun. I was so relieved.

Before her lessons each day, Blakely would get really nervous. We mainly just hung out in the baby pool waiting for Banks lesson to be over, and trying not to get too worked up. Noodles help.


After a week of lessons, Blakely could swim!!! I couldn't believe it.... she can swim with her face in the water, and will take a breath if you remind her to lift her head. She can't go far or on her own, but she is doing so great!


Blakely loves her Boomerang goggles!


She can either kick her feet or scoop with her hands... she has a little trouble trying to do both at the same time.
 
 



On the last day, Ms. Valerie jump off the diving board!


Good job Blakely!!

Blakely can jump in and swim to me or the steps, she can come in and swim off the steps to an adult, she can spider walk down the walls and she can float on her back!! So impressive!!


Blakely being reminded to take a breathe.


So, so, so very proud of my Blakely-girl!! She is an amazing little fish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment