Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a Baby Shower!!!

November 6th: Today was my shower with my church family and friends, and it was beautiful!!


Today's shower was hosted by my friends Beth Traynham and Lisa Vasko. The shower was held at Beth's house, and they made 3 different kinds of Pound Cake! YUM!!

The Spread!! I thought the center piece was so adorable! Loved the lilies and the cute little socks!


I love all the pink bags!!! So cute!!!

Look how cute this little Le Top outfit is!!! Blakely is going to look so cute in this outfit!!

Some of my FAVORITE 2nd year Med Girls!!! So sweet of them to come and celebrate with us!!
From Left to Right: Mackie, Carly, me and Lauren

Barbie and Ashley Sawyer came all the way from Summerville to Celebrate!!! Thanks girls!!!

However, the award for the farthest traveler goes to my best friend from med school, Kate!!! She drove all the way from OHIO (with a 15 month old) to celebrate with us!!
And here is some big news.... KATE IS PREGNANT, TOO!!! So there are 4 of us in this picture! HA!
Thank you friend for coming!!! It was so special to have you there!!

My Favorite Girls!! 3 Generations of Tober women!!
From Left to Right: Alyssa, me (Blakely) and Mama!!
I love you girls!!!

Though, the MOST POPULAR party guest was Lydia! Laura Lee and Marty's ADORABLE baby girl!!! Such a cutie, and Liz ain't bad either! ;) HA! Such cute girls!!

All of Blakely's gifts!! Thank you so much to all our friends and family for your generosity!! Y'all are so special to us!! Thank you!!
Some Present Highlights: This burp clothe was made by my party hostess, Beth Traynham!! So adorable, and everyone knows I LOVE a monogram!! Thank you!!

Blakely's baby monitor!! This was much needed, and I was really excited to get this!! Thank you Sawyer family!!

BUT... this is by far my FAVORITE gift!! This bookshelf, stocked with some favorites like Good Night Moon and Eric Carle, is from my mom and dad!! Those who know me well, know that I am an AVID reader! I love reading, and as a pediatrician, it is something I think is super important for brain and language development.
My love for books comes from my mom (a kindergarten teacher) and my grandmother (an elementary school librarian), for whom Blakely Haynes is named. Growing up my Mimi would always give us books for special occasions: Christmas, Valentines day and Halloween!! The best day was the scholastic book fair when I got my own private showing!! I want Blakely to know that her Mimi would have LOVED her, and that she would have read to her over... and over.... and over... again. She was the best grandmother a girl could ask for, and I miss her everyday! I love you Mimi, and I PROMISE to read to Blakely EVERY DAY!!

The food was delicious, the presents were fabulous, but probably my FAVORITE gift was my guest's prayers! After all the gifts were opened and cake was eaten, theses lovely, Godly women prayed for me, Richard, Blakely and our new family!! I truly cherish your prayers, and look forward to raising Blakely in this supportive, God-centered community!! Thank you girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment