Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stitch Witches!!

November 16th: Smocking Class

Over the last couple of years, my sister Alyssa and I have gotten REALLY crafty! We have been sewing, quilting and appliqueing for all of our friends children. Just a little pre-nesting, nesting! HA! Now that Richard and I are having a baby, Alyssa and I have been having so much fun sewing for Blakely! One skill that I knew we wanted to try once we had a little one to sew for was smocking.
PS This is a sample of a Bishop Dress.... No, we did not make this one! HA!

Maybe not in other areas of the country, but in the South... the smocked Bailey or Bishop still rules little girls fashion! It is iconic, classic... and ADORABLE!! So once we found out that I was having a baby girl, I signed Alyssa and I up for a smocking class for Alyssa's Birthday!!

I found us a class at Fashion Fabrics in Mount Pleasant with a world renowned smocker!! Who knew that smoking could be a world wide sport? HA!

Some of Alyssa's Handwork

Two major discoveries that night: 1) Alyssa learned that paying the "BIG BUCKS" at Southern Belles is TOTALLY WORTH it!! HA!

2) I learned that small skills that keep my hands busy is like being on Adderall, but SAFE for pregnancy!!

I am really excited about this new project! It is A LOT more work then I ever thought, but it is very fun and rewarding!! It may take me a while, but I plan to make a dress for Ms. Blakely!! I better make it for 9-12 months or I may not get done in time! HA! I'll keep y'all updated as to my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment