Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You Are Invited!!

October 29th: Blakely's First Baby Shower!!

For the past week, I have been getting SOOOO excited!!! My husband did not get it.... he kept asking me "why are you so pumped for this shower?" His confusion is understandable. After all, he is a boy. But my excitement makes perfect sense to ALL little girls out there (and ALL the little girls that have grown up!!)!! There are 2 major events as a little girl that you dream about: 1) Your Wedding and 2) Having a Baby. This day dreaming includes EVERYTHING: picking out a name, seeing your little one on ultrasound for the first time, announcing the BIG NEWS to your family, decorating the room, and..... THE BABY SHOWER!!!!

The 3rd year girls in my program threw a baby shower for me and Blakely!! It was perfect from start to finish!!! 

The shower was thrown at one of my very best friends, Jenny Sanders, house and EVERYTHING was perfect!!

I have SUCH generous friends!!! Look at all these beautiful presents!!! Blakely is one lucky lady!!

Alyssa and I enjoying some of the delicious treats especially prepared for the day!!

Baby Girl Shortbread cookies... and of course, theses were made by our very own Southern Living Queen, Carolyn Word (AKA The NEXT Mama-to-be!!!).

Mama, me (*Blakely*) and Alyssa!!! All of my FAVORITE ladies!!

The Neuro Girls! These ladies got up early and drove ALL the way from a conference in Savannah to be at Blakely's Shower!! I KNOW Alyssa really appreciated y'all leaving a SUPER INTERESTING conference to be there! Thank you girls!!

Me (*Blakely*) and our beautiful hostesses!!! Thank you girls!!! It was a BEAUTIFUL shower!!! I had so much fun and everything was so memorable!! LOVED IT!!!

And now some present HIGH LIGHTS.....

From Aunt Alyssa, Uncle Matt and Cousin Tiger: The Chicco Keyfit!! Super generous!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Lyssa!!! Blakely is going to LIVE in this thing!!! And.... then maybe your little one "someday!" ;)

From Mama and Daddy: The Cutest Baby Bag EVER!!!! They stocked a DOONEY and BURKE Baby Bag (Who knew they made such a thing??) with ALL the baby essentials!!! This thing is so HOT that I would carry it as a purse, even without a baby! Thank you, thank you, thank you Gigi and Pop-pop!!! Blakely is absolutely going to LOVE IT!!

From the 3rd Year Girls: The Mamroo!! This is a completely ridiculous and frivolous gift.... that I absolutely HAD TO HAVE!!! This thing is so awesome, that you can even hook up your iPOD to this thing!! No boring Brahms Lullaby for my baby!! Thank you Ladies!!!

From Dr. Co-co Hill: I LOVE THESE HATS!!! She made these little cuties one night on call!! She is super crafty and stylish!! These hats are just about the cutest thing.... I WANT ONE TO MATCH! Thank you friend!!!

Thank you girls for the best shower a girl could ask for!! I had so much fun, and everything was so beautiful!! Special shout outs to Co-co, Walker and Kelli for coming post (or on) call!! You girls rock!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment