Monday, November 7, 2011

Laundry Day!!!

October 29th-30th: Happy Laundry Day!!!

I have never been a germ-a-phobe. In fact, I am kind of the opposite. I am a firm believer in the 10 second rule, and I am absolutely convinced that the reason my sister and I never get sick and don't have asthma/allergies is because of all the dirt and cat food (my mom did not condone this activity) we ate as children. But, in preparing my Blakely's coming I knew I needed to be more careful (especially during the first 6-8 weeks), and so my mom and I decided to undertake washing all of her clothes and linens. I thought this would be simple, but oh my goodness, this little person already has SO MUCH laundry!! It took us 2 full days of washing, drying and ironing to get through it all!! Whew!! We were exhausted!!

My mama hard at work!! Our original iron (a Wal-mart special) leaked all over Blakely's beautiful clothes!! Oh no!! So, I had to run down to my house and get "The Rowenta!" A world of difference... this is one of those investments that is totally worth it... in case you are currently in the market for an iron. HA!

Blakely's clothes filled up 2 laundry baskets!! How does she have so much stuff already? This is what happens when you are the first grandbaby on both sides!! You get just a LITTLE bit spoiled!! :)

As a pediatrician, I need to put in a quick plug for ALL Free and Clear. Previously, the only choice for eczema patients or babies for laundry detergent was Dreft- which runs about $15 for a small box of detergent and is not compatible with "he" washers. Not practicle. Now, ALL Free and Clear is being shown to be better for sensitive skin in clinical trials, then even Dreft. Not only is it better, but it is WAY cheaper (about $3-4 dollars a bottle), and it comes in regular and "he" laundry detergent.
HINT, HINT ALL- I make an excellent spokes person, and I LOVE free products!! :)

We are getting ready for you baby girl... we are one step closer to having my "to-do" list "to-done!!" HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment