Monday, August 6, 2012

28 Weeks Old

July 17th: 28 Weeks Old

A week of firsts for Blakely!! This week was my first week home with Blakely. I start my new job next week, but this week was just me and my girl!! We cooked, we played, we cleaned, we shopped, we lunched, we had family time together, and we went to church as a family... it was amazing! All the "normal" things that I have been dying to do with Blakely. Just "normal" days, but they were some of the best days of my life!!


Highlights from the Week:
- Consonants!! This week Blakely started making "words"!!! She said "Da-ba-da-ba-da-ba." Previously she had just babbles vowels!! I love when Blakely gets a new trick, because she KNOWS she did something good, and she is so proud of herself!!
- Mobile!! Blakely is attempting to crawl! She face plants, then lifts herself up on her toes and pushes off with her arms. Unfortunately, this puts her going backwards which is very frustrating for Blakely. She is trying SOOOOO hard! Batten down the hatches.... this girl is on the move!
- Started a new nap schedule- 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM.
- 6 Month Doctor's visit. Dr. Barbara gave her a clean bill of health and her 6 month shots.

Statistics from the Week:
- 16 pounds 4 ounces (50th%)
- 27 1/2 inches (>95th%)

Picture Highlight from the Week:
Chicken Little

Blakely loves to play in her Exersaucer!! She can entertain herself for almost an hour...she loves to jump in it and go absolutely crazy. She is so much fun to watch play. She is so creative; she just loves toys!

Blakely and her BFF (ie GiGi)

My Two Favorite Girls... and Blakely's rat tail/mullet

No teeth yet..... hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment