Sunday, January 18, 2015

Santa Came! Santa Came!!

December 25th: Christmas at home with the girls

I had been anticipating Christmas this year for months! Blakely had been so, so excited for anything Halloween and loved holidays so much... I knew she was going to go Bananas Christmas morning!! And she did NOT disappoint.

Santa's Presents are unwrapped this year... made life so, so, so much easier!

Why yes... our tree does lean a little to right. Ha! Next year I'm tying it to the stairs with fishing line!


Everyone must have been REALLY good cause it looks like Santa even came for the adults!!

Not a great picture... but the moment I will remember forever. She jumped out of bed and started yelling "Did Santa come? Did Santa come??" She ran to the top of the landing and her jaw just dropped!! Then she yelled "He came! He came! He came!" This is the time in her life for make-believe, magic and imagination. For Blakely, Santa REALLY and TRULY came to our house that day!! Magic. Wish they would stay little forever!

Katy Ellis on the other hand just started waving and saying "hi!" Also precious, but significantly less impressed with the Christmas day festivities.


She was so excited when she saw all of her presents under the tree!! She just kept saying "I lub it! I lub it! Best. Christmas. Ever. Best. Christmas. Ever." Made this Mama feel like she had hit the jackpot!

Just like every other warm blooded girl in America, she went STRAIGHT for the Elsa doll.

Hula hooping!!

Stars on the ceiling with her Unicorn. She LOVES twinkly lights so I knew this would be a hit!


"For the Girls": First of many joint presents.

Katy Ellis got her first baby doll!! This year, the girls got boy baby dolls in honor of their new boy cousin, baby Walker!

My mom always gave us a special baby doll every Christmas, and this is one of my favorite traditions to keep with my girls.

Blakely holds her baby dolls like a real baby now. She has been watching Mommy and Auntie.

Stockings!!




This year we took Blakely to the Dollar Store and let her pick out a gift for each family member. It was $12 of hilarity! We let her choose for each family member, and she was adamant about her choices. My favorites: Aunt Oliva- window wipes, Uncle Ryan- Freezer Pops, GrandPop- Tupperware.

Blakely LOVES Bitty Baby books, so when she opened one Christmas had to be paused so she could read it. Her Mimi would have loved how much she loves books!

Joint Presents!!


Blakely really enjoyed when she finally had a quiet moment alone with her presents to really enjoy them.

Thanking GrandAnnie for her presents!

This was Blakely's most anticipated gift of Christmas. All December long I had heard about the "Princess Pony," so I knew she was going to go crazy when she opened it!

I told myself before I had children that I wouldn't buy these "tacky toys," but on Christmas you get what you want!

The Last Gift of Christmas: At the end of the night, we had Blakely and Katy Ellis open their Disney outfits that GG and I had made for them. Then we ask Blakely "Where are you going to wear this?" She just looked confused, so Richard told her "Disney World!!!" I love this picture because she has this little secret smile on her face!!! I think she understood because she got really excited, but I don't think she will really "get it" until we go to Disney!! Ahhh!! Can't wait.

I cannot believe that we are taking these two girls to Disney World with GrandAnnie and GrandPop in 10 days!!! They are going to have so, so much fun. I can't wait to make some special memories with my girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment