Thursday, January 15, 2015

Walker HARRISON Cogdill is here!!!

December 14th: FINALLY!!!

He's here! He's here! He's here!! He is beautiful and perfect in everyway!! Hurray!!

Alyssa has been convinced that she would go early with Walker, so EVERY DAY for the last month we thought might be "the day!" And then her due date came, and then it went....

Then at 2AM on December 14th, Alyssa calls me and says "I think I'm in labor." I said, "What do you mean 'think'? Are you in labor? Should I get ready?" To which Alyssa painfully said "I am IN labor!" Mom and I jumped in our clothes, grabbed our bags and cameras and boogied on down to Lexington Medical Center.

After some waiting and waiting room antics (there was a BLUE WOLF in the waiting room), he made his debut at 11:20.

8 pounds 4 ounce of pure perfection!!

The Name Change: Initially Alyssa had told us his name would be Walker Jeffery Cogdill in honor of his Grandfathers. Then, on the day of his birth she asked to see Mom and Dad first to meet Walker. She then announced that his name was actually Walker HARRISON Cogdill in honor of my father's parents, Mimi and Poppy. This was super specially, as we had just lost our Poppy in December. Needless to say, a few tears were shed and I know it meant a lot to my parents. Mimi and Poppy were such a BIG part of our Childhood and so many wonderful memories were made at 117 Harrison Avenue. This was my grandparents address for the last 50 years, and a fitting tribute to the two people that helped to make our childhood "magical." Love you Mimi and Poppy...always.


Meeting the newest member of our crew...

...should I warn him how crazy our crew is or just let him figure it out for himself?

This little boy was so excited to meet his "Wa-wa."


Mom and I's creation makes round two!


Walker Harrison Cogdill
8lb 4oz
20inches
Born 12/14/14 @ 11:20AM

Can't wait to watch this little grow!! Love you already little Walker!! DeeDee is so, so happy you are finally here!!!

1 comment: