Sunday, November 4, 2018

10 Years with my BEST FRIEND!!

April 2018: 10 Year Anniversary Trip

In May, Richard and I will be celebrating our 10 years anniversary. Since around 5 years of marriage, we have been plotting and planning our 10 year anniversary trip! In soooooo many ways, we still feel like newly weds... how has it POSSIBLY been 10 years???? This trip was so magical, and everything we hoped it would be!

We had talked about traveling to Europe for a long time, but after 2 kids, 2 houses, residency/fellowship and 4 jobs.... we were tired. We wanted to rest, relax and be waited on hand and foot. HA! So we decided to got to an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic!! It was beyond perfection, and we are already busy plotting our return! We ate and drank to hearts content, and I can honestly say this is the MOST relaxed I have been in YEARS!!


First thing on our trip, we got upgraded to FIRST CLASS!! YES!!!!
Riding in style! Picked up from the airport in a Navigator and immediately offered cool towels and beers!! YES TO VACATION!!!

Wild flamingos wandered around the property! 


Pistachio cake is Chez Isabelle changed my life!




One of my favorite stops was the Coffee Shop! You could get espressos, lattes and frappaccinos…. plus they had pastries, cupcakes and ice cream! It was my favorite! The ladies inside knew my name by the end of the week! LOL

Not to be mushy.... but I love this man MORE than I did when I married him 10 years ago! I am so blessed to have him in my life! We have WAY too much fun together!


Our room was a "Swim Out Suite," which means that we walk straight out to the pool! It was amazing... I wont be able to stay in a regular room again!



We were OBSESSED with all things cheesy at the Mexican restaurant!


Rich and I got OBSESSED with tennis on this trip! We took classes 2 mornings, and then played on our own for 2 more mornings! It was so much fun!








Even managed to sneak in some beach miles while I was there!





Our resort surprised us with a romantic breakfast for two! Complete with Mimosas!!

Eggs Benedict poolside!
At a romantic breakfast... even the fruit is lovey dovey!

The food was amazing.... we both got a little STEAK obsessed that week!






Bike Tour of the Island!

One of my favorite things about this trip.... READING! I read so many great books, and relaxed the most!!!




CAN WE GO BACK YET!!???

COCO LOCO I'M DREAMING OF YOU!!!! Definitely not waiting another 10 years for another trip with my love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment