Thursday, November 8, 2018

HOLLYWOOD!!!!


May 2018: Surprise!! We are headed to LA!!!

In April, a commercial producer contacted Alyssa and started talking with her about doing a commercial for WW. Alyssa never thought she would be picked, and we kind of treated the whole thing like a joke. Then LATE in may on a Thursday, they called and told Alyssa she had been selected for the commercial.... could she fly out in 2 DAY!!! What???? Like what????

At first she said no, but they called her back and begged her. Mom said "I'll watch the kids! Y'all should go!" What? We can't do this. We can't just up and leave for LA. We have kids, jobs, husbands, end of the year programs, responsibilities....we CANNOT just leave. After some encouragement from our awesome Mama, some CRAZY organizing and planning out our child care.... we booked some flights, packed some bags and were LA bound in less than 24 hours!!! EEEEEEeeeeeeeek!!!

5am Sunday Morning: Waiting for our flight out at the Columbia airport!! I still can't believe we are ding this!! 






First thing after getting to our AMAZING hotel (the Jeremy in West Hollywood), the company sent a driver over to pick us up to take Alyssa to a fitting. It was NOT what we expected. They drove us out of Hollywood and Beverly Hills... and up into the hills to a town called Tarzana. This was not the posh, hollywoord experience we expected... instead Alyssa was ushered into a trailer in a suburb with dead grass. The clothes smelled and looked like Good will.... PTL they had asked Alyssa to bring some of her own clothes that might work!!

The craziest thing to us were the two "stylist." They looked like they had NEVER brushed their hair, their clothes were hideous and they were wearing camo crocs.... with socks. And THESE were the women that were supposed to be "styling" Alyssa. I was DYING!

Not the posh Hollywood
Plus she introduced us to the IN FAMOUS In N Out Burger!!

One of the highlights of our trip was meeting our Instagram friend- RACHEL!! She was even more fabulous and hilarious in person! Sad she's not closer... we were all instant best friends!

After getting her fitting done on Sunday, that freed us up to get in ALLLLLLL the exploring on Monday before we had to report to the commercial shoot on Tuesday. 


First thing Monday, we took at Uber to Santa Monica Pier and ran on the boardwalk on the beach!! It was AMAZING!!! This was been on my Bucket List of places I wanted to run. CHECK!!

 We also got to go to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum! It was WAY cooler than I could have imagined, and Alyssa and I had so much fun snapping pics with "celebrities!"







Hollywood Stars!!!

We rented bikes and explored Santa Monica and 3rd Street Promenade. This was definitely my FAVORITE thing we did the whole trip. I love bike riding and can't wait to look for these cool bike rentals in other cities we travel to.

On Monday night, we even made it over to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills! We even got a sursy in Tory Burch!!

We went to the Chinese Theatre and put our hands in the prints!



Best avocado toast of my LIFE!!!!






No one I would rather be on this WILD RIDE with than my bestie!!!


Still a little miffed with Alyssa that we were THAT close to Disneyland, and she would not take me.































Another REAL LIFE weight watcher- GINGER!!
We did ALLLLLL of our exploring on Monday, then Tuesday we packed our bags and headed to the photo shoot. We had to be packed and ready because we were taking a Red Eye back to South Carolina!!


I got asked to be an EXTRA!! And it was a paid gig...ha! So hilarious. I had the time of my life meeting new and interesting people, dancing on a pink rooftop and NOT eating the food. HA! Such a memorable night!

Alyssa looking gorgeous!!


I technically wasn't supposed to be taking pictures, so I had to be covert. But I did manage to sneak a couple of shots. It was so fun to be at a rooftop "party" in downtown LA at Sunset. The setting was perfect and Alyssa did the most amazing job!

Then..... 1 month later the commercial rolled out! Alyssa was the main feature in the commercial and her picture started showing up EVERY WHERE! She was on buses, weight watchers magazine, the WW Instagram and facebook…. EVERYWHERE!!!


I even made the COMMERCIAL! I joked that Alyssa was like Sully from Monsters Inc, and that I was her Mike Wazoski! HA! You can totally see me photo bombing in the background!

Mike Wazoski in the background!!! YAS!!! FAMOUS!!! Start my IMDB page!! HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment